It’s officially under 30 degrees here in Chicago and I’m starting to think that summer was only 5 minutes long. Anyone else? If you’re like me and are breaking out the hats, gloves and parkas, sending you all of the cozy vibes and of course my very best slow cooker recipes to make all season long.
There’s truly nothing better than coming home to a warming bowl of soup or chili on a cold day. OR melting some gooey cheese onto a healthier turkey sloppy joe (omg so good). The best part about these slow cooker recipes is that you can toss everything into your slow cooker and literally just let it work its magic.
Tips for making recipes in your slow cooker
The majority of the recipes below have instructions for making them in your slow cooker or crockpot, but if they don’t, I have a few easy tips for converting stovetop recipes into slow cooker meals!
- Timing. The vast majority of my slow cooker recipes can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8.
- Liquid ratio. As a general rule of thumb, if you’re converting a stovetop recipe to a slow cooker one I’d recommend reducing the liquid by about 1 cup. Cooking in a slow cooker creates more moisture and liquid naturally.
- Cooking chicken. If you’re cooking a recipe with chicken, feel free to cook the chicken breast or thighs in your slow cooker whole with the rest of the ingredients. Once it’s fully cooked you can remove it, shred it, and add it back to the slow cooker to simmer.
- Cooking ground meat or beef. If you’re cooking with beef or a ground meat, I’d recommend browning the meat in a skillet before transferring it with your ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Adding vegetables & pastas. Stir in any soft vegetables like peas or spinach at the very end of cooking. Same goes for any pasta or noodles (though you can also cook those separately).
Scroll through and pick out your favs to make for the week! I’d suggest my famous turkey chili to kick things off. Be sure to use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen when you share on Instagram, or post a photo in our Facebook group.
Healing Thai Butternut Squash Lentil Soup (With a Slow Cooker Option!)
Comforting & Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Lightened-Up Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Slow Cooker Black Bean, Quinoa & Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow Cooker Taco Lentil Soup
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chicken Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Vegan White Bean & Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Golden Turmeric Chickpea Chicken Soup
Quick & Easy Black Bean Soup
Golden Coconut Chicken Lentil Soup
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup (whole 30, dairy free)
The Best Minestrone Soup
Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup
Stews & Curries
Mom’s Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Vegan Slow Cooker Tofu Tikka Masala
Healing Lemongrass Chickpea Thai Green Curry with Toasted Coconut Brown Rice
Coconut Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Stew
Butternut Squash, Chickpea & Lentil Moroccan Stew
Vegetarian Tofu Cashew Coconut Curry
Nourishing Yellow Chickpea Pumpkin Curry with Coconut Brown Rice
Healthy White Chicken Chili
The Best Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Slow Cooker Black Bean Quinoa Pumpkin Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Black Bean Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Verde
The Best Healthy Turkey Chili
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Chickpea Chili
Black Bean, Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili with Smoked Chipotle
Lentil & Quinoa Chili
Two Bean and Corn Chipotle Turkey Chili
Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos
30 Minute Healthier Turkey Sloppy Joes with Homemade Sauce
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken with Sticky Coconut Purple Rice
Apps, Snacks & Sides
Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy BBQ Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
The Best Creamy Garlic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Butter (No Sugar Added!)
Lightened Up Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes (with a slow cooker option!)
I hope you love these delicious, healthy slow cooker recipes! If you make any be sure to leave a comment & a rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!