This super-simple-to-prepare, Citrus Immunity Shot recipe is made with immune-boosting citrus, turmeric, and garlic, a delicious way to start your day!
Citrus Immunity Shot
This wellness shot recipe nourishes, fuels and aids your body in the morning and it’s so easy to make. If you’ve ever purchased immunity shots in the store, you will know how expensive they are. Making them from scratch saves money!
Hi Everyone, I’m Heather K. Jones. I’m a dietitian and the nutrition expert for the Skinnytaste cookbooks (so excited that book five, Skinnytaste Meal Prep, is out now!). I also work with women who struggle with emotional eating, and during this VERY emotional time on the planet. Understanding how your emotions influence your health and wellbeing is more critical than ever.
Without the inner tools to stay centered, we can easily become overwhelmed and drained, and then use food in an unconscious attempt to feel safe, to create a false sense of control, or to soothe or suppress uncomfortable emotions.
So, if your eating is especially unbalanced right now, be gentle with yourself and recognize this is an INVITATION to start understanding yourself and your life in a much deeper way.
Creating soulful, practical routines that support your mental, emotional and physical health will not only naturally boost your immunity and reduce stress eating, it will also re-connect you with the healing and strengthening power of your own heart. You’ll remember just how capable, resilient and powerful you truly are!
Know too that when you take care of yourself and prioritize your health, this also provides you with the energy to support others from a grounded place.
And I have a ton of FREE resources, articles and videos to help you Love Yourself Healthy RIGHT HERE, including this powerful 30-day Master the Weight Loss Mindset Challenge.
Thursday September 24th at 12 PM ET, I’ll be providing emotional eating support and guidance in a FREE group coaching session inside my Feel Better Eat Better Facebook group RIGHT HERE.
Your body is an amazing, self-healing machine! Every minute of every day it’s working to keep you healthy and alive, and one of the best ways to support your body and boost your immunity is to fuel it with nutrient-rich foods.
Plants are your best source of fiber, vitamins and minerals. This super-simple-to-prepare Citrus Immunity Shot from my dietitian friend Danielle Omar, is a delicious way to supplement your day.
Immunity Shot Ingredients and Benefits
The phytonutrients in plants are very beneficial, especially when it comes to helping your body’s natural detoxification systems and boosting your immune system. Here’s how each of the ingredients in this Immunity Shot nourishes, fuels and aids your body:
- Grapefruit: Rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin A, two powerful vitamins that benefit immunity.
- Lemon: A good source of Vitamin C, providing antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Orange: Also high in Vitamin C and it’s high in beta-cryptoxanthin, a carotenoid that your body converts into Vitamin A.
- Ginger: Contains gingerol, which can help lower the risk of infections and inhibit the growth of many different types of bacteria.
- Turmeric: Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is a powerful anti-inflammatory and a very strong antioxidant.
- Black Pepper: When you add a little black pepper to your turmeric, and you increase the absorption of curcumin by almost 2000%!
- Garlic: Enhances immune function and it contains sulphur compounds that get into the body through digestion and exert many medicinal effects.
Make a fresh batch at least once a week – have one shot in the morning and another later on to boost your afternoon! For an added boost of Vitamin C, throw in a red pepper and some fresh lime juice for a different flavor.
Citrus Immunity Shot
This super-simple-to-prepare Citrus Immunity Shot is made with immune-boosting citrus, turmeric, and garlic, a delicious way to start your day!
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled
- 1 medium orange
- ½ medium lemon
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 1-inch piece fresh turmeric root, peeled
- ½ clove garlic
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
In a blender, combine (whole) grapefruit, juice from the orange and lemon, ginger, turmeric, garlic and pepper. Blend until smooth (adjusting ingredients to taste, if necessary).
Place a small sieve or strainer over a mason jar or glass cup. .
Pour liquid into strainer and serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 4 days
Serving: 1shot about 2 oz, Calories: 25kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 0.5g, Sodium: 0.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g
Blue Smart Points: 1
Green Smart Points: 1
Purple Smart Points: 1
Keywords: citrus shots, immune shot, immunity shots, wellness shots