If you know me you know I always manage to sneak quinoa into some of my favorite recipes. Whether it’s a new one pan dinner or a yummy on-the-go bar, there’s something about quinoa that just gives it that extra goodness.
Not only do these 14 healthy quinoa salad recipes make the best, satisfying lunches (Abra and I make them almost every week) but they’re also great for feeding a crowd. Make a double batch for the whole family and serve with your favorite proteins!
Reasons to love quinoa
If you can’t tell, I absolutely LOVE quinoa and especially love adding it to salads to create, fresh, flavorful and nourishing meals. Besides being slightly nutty in flavor and neutral enough to use in pretty much any recipe, it also:
- Is packed with protein. You’ll get 8 grams of protein for a cup of cooked quinoa!
- That cup also has 5 grams of fiber to help keep you full and satisfied. More than twice as much as most other grains.
- Is a whole grain that is naturally gluten free.
- Is high in antioxidants, iron and magnesium.
How to cook the perfect quinoa for salads
Making the perfect, fluffy quinoa can seem intimidating if you haven’t done it before, but trust me, it’s easier than you think with simple instructions!
- Use a 1:2 ratio for quinoa to liquid. In this recipe you’ll cook 3/4 cup quinoa in 1 2/3 cups water. I like to add a tiny bit more water to ensure the quinoa is super fluffy after you’re done cooking and it continues to steam in the pot.
- Add in quinoa and water to a medium pot and bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for exactly 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Finally, replace lid and allow quinoa to steam for 10 more minutes.
Take a scroll and try out a new quinoa salad for lunch this week! If you make any of these easy, healthy quinoa salad recipes be sure to leave a comment & rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
If you make any of these easy, healthy quinoa salad recipes be sure to leave a comment & rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!