When I was pregnant with Sidney, I had the worst morning sickness until I hit my second trimester. I was basically fine until around noon, but after that I would start to feel nauseated over just about anything. I remember feeling desperate for some sort of relief because all I was doing was shoveling bagels and cream cheese into my mouth.
After doing some research, I figured out that a few things would help me get through the day: peppermint lozenges, fresh pineapple and the only and only ginger. I actually stocked up on Prince of Peace Ginger Chews because they were delicious, helped to settle my stomach and had tons of flavor varieties. You can check out all of their flavors here!
The health benefits of ginger
Not only does ginger add a wonderful flavor to savory dinners, curries, soups, smoothies & even baked goods, but it also has some amazing health benefits:
- It’s great for reducing nausea — especially for morning sickness and motion sickness.
- It helps to naturally aid digestion
- It’s packed with anti-inflammatories, which can help with muscle soreness.
My favorite ways to use ginger
- In smoothies: anytime I have an upset stomach I always add a hunk of fresh ginger to my smoothies.
- In savory dishes: I love adding ginger to meatballs, curries, peanut butter sauces and more!
- In baked goods: fresh or dried ginger adds SO much flavor to treats like molasses cookies and gingerbread cake.
- In tea or hot water: a few ginger slices or Prince of Peace ginger crystals are amazing in tea or hot water with fresh lemon juice.
Prince of Peace Ginger Chews come in 6 different flavors (including peanut butter — FAVORITE) and are a super convenient little sweet treat to stash in your bag. You can find them at Target in the candy aisle, Rite Aide, Vitamin Shoppe or on their website here.
They also have honey ginger crystals that you can make as a hot tea or a refreshing, iced drink that’s super soothing and great for settling your stomach. Highly recommend for all the pregnant mamas out there.
Stock up on your favorite flavors and be sure to try out the recipes below using fresh ginger and dried ginger! Also, keep an eye out for a little giveaway I’ll be doing with Prince of Peace Ginger in the next week on Instagram. Can’t wait!
Our favorite recipes using ginger
Nourishing Soups & Stews
I hope you love these delicious, healthy ways to use ginger in recipes and beyond! If you make any of the recipes be sure to leave a comment and met know how you liked it. Plus, tell me your favorite flavor of Ginger Chews! This post is sponsored by Prince of Peace Ginger. All text and opinions are my own.