Did you really think we’d have a pumpkin week without a pumpkin bread of some kind?!
Remember my ridiculously good almond flour banana bread that just about everyone LOVES? Well, I made a pumpkin version with a bit of pure maple syrup and it couldn’t be more cozy, delicious, nourishing and PERFECT. The best part is that there’s two different options to make it either gluten free or grain free & paleo. YES!
This gluten free pumpkin bread is soft, fluffy, tender, perfectly spiced and amazing with a little salted honey butter on top. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Ingredients in almond flour pumpkin bread
This incredible, nourishing almond flour pumpkin bread is super easy to make with a few pantry staples. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Pumpkin puree: feel free to use canned pumpkin puree or make your own with this tutorial. Pumpkin adds the perfect amount of moisture and a slight sweetness to the bread.
- Eggs: you’ll need 3 eggs in this recipe to get the right texture. I have not tested it with flax eggs but let me know if you try it!
- Maple syrup: we’re naturally sweetening this gluten free pumpkin bread with pure maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract: for a boost of delicious flavor.
- Almond flour: the bulk of this pumpkin bread recipe is almond flour, which keeps the bread gluten free and adds healthy fats. Be sure to use a fine, blanched almond flour for the right texture.
- Oat flour: you’ll also be adding oat flour so that this bread bakes up perfectly. Feel free to use gluten free oat flour and see below how to make it yourself! Grain free and/or paleo options are in the notes section.
- Pumpkin spices: all of the cozy spices — cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg & allspice or ground cloves.
- Baking soda & salt: so that this bread bakes up properly.
- Chocolate chips: what’s life without a little chocolate? I like to use dark chocolate chips but feel free to use dairy free ones if you’d like.
How to make almond flour pumpkin bread
You’re going to love that this easy almond flour pumpkin bread can be made right in one bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in the almond flour, oat flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice/cloves, baking soda and salt. Use a wooden spoon to combine until no lumps remain. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 55 minutes-1 hour or until the tester comes out clean in the middle of the bread. Cool bread for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Once cool, cut into 12 slices. The bread is best the next day. To serve: top with your favorite nut butter or butter and sprinkle with a little sea salt and drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
How to make your own oat flour
You can easily make your own gluten free oat flour by simply placing oats into a blender and blending or pulsing until they’re smooth and resemble flour. This is a super easy & affordable option. Be sure to measure out 1/2 cup of your oat flour after making it!
What makes this pumpkin bread nourishing & healthy?
This delicious gluten free pumpkin bread is packing the nutrients — making it wonderful for breakfasts, snacks and even healthy treats. Here’s what makes it nourishing & healthy:
- Almond flour: a flour I love to bake with because it’s high in protein, vitamin E, fiber, healthy fats and low carb. It’s great for those who want to incorporate a more nutrient dense flour into their diet. Feel free to check out more of my recipes using almond flour here.
- Naturally sweetened: this almond flour pumpkin bread is naturally sweetened with only a bit of maple syrup and pumpkin, which helps to keep it fairly low sugar.
- Pumpkin: we’re using pure pureed pumpkin in this recipe which is packed with vitamin A and antioxidants. Great for the winter months!
How to make paleo pumpkin bread
This almond flour pumpkin bread recipe can easily be made paleo! Instead of using oat flour, you’ll simply sub 1/3 cup flaxseed meal.
How to store almond flour pumpkin bread
This gluten free pumpkin bread should be kept well-covered in foil or plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days, then I recommend transferring to the fridge or freezer.
How to freeze pumpkin bread
This almond flour pumpkin bread freezes well! Simply wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and finally place in a reusable bag or freezer friendly bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature once you are ready to eat. You can also feel free to freeze individual slices for a quick on the go treat!
See how to make the almond flour pumpkin bread
More pumpkin recipes to try
Brown Butter Orange Pumpkin Muffins with Orange Glaze
Healthy Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Salted Maple Frosting
Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups
The Best Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls You’ll Ever Eat
AK Pumpkin Week Giveaway
As always we’ll be hosting a fun giveaway to win a $200 gift card to Sur La Table so you can stock up on baking supplies/pans or whatever your heart desires, AND a gorgeous cutting board of your choosing from Sonder LA! To enter:
- Share a photo of ANY AK pumpkin recipes in-feed on Instagram or in our Facebook Group with the hashtag #AKPumpkinWeek. Please note your profile must be public so that we can see your creations.
- The more you share by Sunday 10/18, the greater your chance of winning!
- Winner will be announced on IG stories and in our FB group on Monday, 10/18. USA only, 18 or older to enter.
Bonus Pumpkin Recipe
I’ll also be offering and exclusive, BONUS pumpkin recipe that will be delivered straight to your inbox at the end of the week. This recipe is for my email subscribers only — because I love you guys! Click here to sign up.
I hope you love this nourishing almond flour pumpkin bread! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Nourishing Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Delicious one bowl almond flour pumpkin bread made with nourishing ingredients, packed with pumpkin spices and naturally sweetened with a bit of pure maple syrup. This wonderful dairy free & gluten free pumpkin bread recipe can easily be made paleo and is incredible with a few chocolate chips!
pure maple syrup
packed blanched fine almond flour (I use Bob’s Red MIll)
oat flour, gluten free if desired*
allspice or ground cloves
chocolate chips (dairy free if desired), plus 2 tablespoons extra chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in the almond flour, oat flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice/cloves, baking soda and salt. Use a wooden spoon to combine until no lumps remain. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 55 minutes-1 hour or until the tester comes out clean in the middle of the bread. Cool bread for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Once cool, cut into 12 slices. The bread is best the next day. To serve: top with your favorite nut butter or butter and sprinkle with a little sea salt and drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
To make this pumpkin bread paleo: instead of oat flour, feel free to sub 1/3 cup flaxseed meal.
Servings: 12 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated fat: 3.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats